It's kind of a moot point at this stage of the game...considering the year is 1/12 over and I will probably be spending a good portion of this year in the haze of late pregnancy/new baby, but here it goes: My 2011 Resolutions. Duh duh duh duh duh. (that was supposed to be a dramatic drum roll, but it lost something in translation).
1. Read more food labels. Not for calories or fat or sodium, but for weird unknown ingredients. Last year I made a valiant effort for more whole grains and water. This is the 2011 equivalent. Did you know they put MSG in lots of spice packets? I'm sure you did, but I didn't and I don't want anyone here
eating it or any other creepy chemicals where I can help it.
2. Quit watching stupid TV. I realized I'm filling valuable night time hours of quiet with the catty chatter of stupid people that I don't even care about. Also, I kind of feel like my mind is turning to mush induced by days filled with feeding tubes, super-heros, and arguments about whether little people need coats or not--stupid TV is not helping the situation. Maybe the news or a good book or a least a movie with a plot would help.
3. Join a support group or a really good friend who understands what it's like to have a child like Lilah. I even hate the words 'support group'...it just sounds cheesy and not really like something I'd be "into", but, come to think of it, I'm not really "into" having a severely disabled child either, so I guess that argument is out. This journey, I am learning, can be incredibly isolating and lonely and, while I don't really feel like reaching out, I do think it would be good for us.
4. Quit making sarcastic comments about my bible study. It's great and I've learned so much and I don't know why I have to be such a smart arse when
grown women act like a simple bible study requires a procedure manual and an oath people are different than me. Besides, if I don't take it a little more seriously, I might get kicked out.
|Cheers to 2011!|
5. Read some news. Any news, pertaining to anything in the world, besides that Scarlett and Ryan are getting a divorce or Nicole and Keith used a secret surrogate. I have a secret fear that I might have to have dinner with someone important and have absolutely nothing intelligent to talk about other how to clean around a G-tube or program a sheep clock.
6. Get organized. This has been a resolution of mine since forever and it's probably not going anywhere anytime soon. I have a feeling it's going to get worse before it gets better, but I'm going down swinging.
Speaking of going down.....
#7. To NOT lose my mind. I think it will be a challenging year and I'm more than a little afraid of what the addition of screaming newborn will do to the sometimes 'near brink of disaster' state of affairs around here.