Sunday, January 1, 2012

A Year in Review

I'm kind of kidding, because I can barely remember what happened yesterday, much less all year.  But, I guess that's part of the reason I keep this blog:).  I looked back over the last year and a lot of stuff has happened--deep, I know.  For the first time in as long as I can remember, I don't find myself saying "it's flown by"....I have no idea why, but it seems like it's been a long year--not bad, at all, just long.

Here are some highlights....
1.  ADA!! by far the biggest highlight:) Can't believe I was pregnant with her last year and we didn't even know she was a 'she'.  Love her little heart so much and cannot imagine our family before her.  She is full of personality and it's so fun to think about who she'll be this time next year.

2.  Lilah learned to sit up on her own.  This was last March and it has really increased her independence--it's so hard for me to imagine before she could do this.  I get discouraged all the time about the 'tiny 2 steps forward, one-step back' deal with her development...but she really has changed so much in the last year.  She's much bigger and generally more healthy (from a virus standpoint).  Lilah is so much more mobile (in various ways) than she was a year ago.

3.  Garrett gave up his paci (ok, we took it away).  This is hilarious to me.....can't believe he was still using it a year ago.  He is such a big boy (but still so little) that it's hard to imagine--pretty sure basketball players (which is what he thinks he is) don't use pacis!

4.  Lilah started school.  This has been the biggest blessing for me.  I adore her teacher and the aides....they are such a great mix of loving and challenging.  She loves them too, looks forward to going, and is generally much happier afterwards.

There were other things...like that Paul started driving a company minivan (hehe) and I read all three Hunger Games books in a week, but those didn't really seem worthy of numbering:).  Burch family life is, as usual, the pinnacle of excitement--that's how we like it.  Above all, we are thankful for a great year...thankful for health, wealth, and happiness in all the ways that count and far beyond what we deserve.  Thank you Lord, for a blessed 2011.

No comments: