Sunday, January 15, 2012

Look what I came across today...a picture of Ya, exactly 3 years ago today.  She was fresh out of surgery for her G-tube placement and this was the first "real" smile that Paul and I felt like we had seen from Lilah (and, of course, it was for her daddy!).
One of the things that never ceases to make an impression on me, is the simultaneous 'good' and 'bad' (happy and sad, blessing and burden, etc) along this road--and this picture is no different.  It's heartbreaking seeing her so skinny (she was 6 months) and remembering such a hard time, but it's also a great reminder of the darkness from which the Lord has delivered us.

1 comment:

JenConnelly said...

This picture melts my heart. I have many of these with Cate and I always think when I look at them....we've come a long way baby! Although our journey can be tough and sometimes scary we are so blessed to have these precious girls in our lives.