Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Garrett has started "school" again for the fall....bless his little teachers' hearts:). I thought we were in for a better year (as in, less traumatic 'drop-offs'), because he got off to a very good start. The bloom has, however, fallen off the rose and the peel-garrett's-white-knuckles-from-my-neck-goodbyes have started again. They tell me the drama is short-lived and he jumps right into "fine motor". (this, btw, cracks me up....the thought of my 3-year-old-boy 'doing' fine motor...obviously i'm doing something wrong at home:).
So, here are some delayed pictures of the first day. Backpacks, sacks, satchels, etc are huge around here. Life is all about packing and unpacking his 'stuff'....so that part was fun.



After I dropped him off, I headed to Target (which pulls my minivan towards it with a mighty power) to pick up a work-out mini skirt-- because clearly, I was the only preschool mom so behind on the trends. I couldn't pull the trigger, though...and decided I could just use my swim-mini to look cool for the next drop off (to pretend, like everyone else, that I'm going to work out instead of go to Target in peace and perhaps take a 10 minute shower). I digress....

Here is Garrett after a grueling 'first day' of school.:) It's hard to be 3.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

This is cracking me up! I totally relate to everything from the peeling off to the work out mini! We live parallel lives!!! Love it!

Anonymous said...

Is it bad that I think this is really cute?!?!?!
~April G.