Monday, April 11, 2011

School Pictures

My kids have 'school' pictures tomorrow...you know, where a local photographer comes, snaps off 100 pictures in 2 hours and pays for her family's summer trip to Disney with the windfall?  Normally I like to rage against the machine and refuse to pay $30 for one measly little picture.  And, usually, it's not even tempting because: a) I've forgotten picture day and let  G go to school in a nasty Buzz lightyear t-shirt that I do not want preserved, 2) G's expression is morose at best, 3) I'd rather have a framed picture taken from my iPhone than one with a speckled gray background, or 4) all of the above.  But, last fall, this was one of proofs that was sent home with Lilah-->


Ok, I know I'm a bit biased.  And, she's got that whole 'I'm a miracle child' thing that tugs at your heartstrings, but is this not so precious???  It makes me giggle every time I see it and this is just a picture of the proof that I took with my camera (don't tell).  I didn't buy them because speckled gray is not a friendly background for a heart baby and I had just sunk some cash into some real pictures.

Tomorrow I am prepared.  My kids are going to school in cute clothes, which means I need to get my fanny in bed--because tomorrow morning is going to be a battle.  Lilah, as usual, won't care.  But G is another story.  He chooses his clothes 98% of the time and does fine about 50% of that.  In case you are wondering where I got my statistics, the 2% is church and since we only go on Sunday and he changes clothes about 5 times a day, Garrett's fashion is 98% freestyle.  I honestly don't really care usually, and I think he's so cute that he looks even cuter when he's wearing something that he decided looked great together (stripes and plaid, anyone??).  And the 2% makes our lives hell with the memory for the rest of the week, so we are too tired to struggle.

Anyway, I'm hoping for some good pictures--which means they will totally suck:).  And, G might be red-eyed and blotchy in his, but he will be wearing the green button-down.  If it kills me!

No comments: