Saturday, April 23, 2011

One of the 'pearls of wisdom' my mom imparted upon me in my you was "tomorrow is a new day".  I love tiny snipets of truth like this because they are so short that I can remember them and so, well, ...true.  I think it's fairly common, at least for me, to think, in moments of darkness, trial, and hardship....'this is is, things will always be this hard.'  And, 'I can't do it', 'I don't want to do it', 'I guess I have to keep going'.

And then one morning you wake up and see the tiniest sprout coming from the ground.  And you think for a minute, there might be hope...but the cold is still overwhelming and you forget.  But, before long, little by little, the world becomes alive and before you know it, you've forgotten the chill and the dark.  Ahhh, sweet Springtime.

It is an especially sweet Spring season here and we are thankful.  Both children are growing and thriving and we are anxiously awaiting the arrival of their brother or sister.  We have made it through our first winter without major health concerns or hospital stays.  And, everyday that goes by, I remember less of the hard seasons past.

And that's what we are celebrating this weekend, the promise of hope....the miracle of Easter--the love of a God that sent His own son that we might have new life. 

  


2 comments:

Elizabeth Browning said...

So wonderful! Happy Easter! Look forward to having you back on Facebook!

Anonymous said...

I love your posts. The stories of the challenges you face and the way you approach them warm my heart.

Becky (Sarah's mom)