Wednesday, August 18, 2010


In case you're feeling jealous of the love-story-fairy-tale that is Paul and Gina....I'll ease your pain. Our big day went something like this: P woke before the sunrise for work and I whispered "happy anniversary" as he left. The fact that he did not respond and then called me 2 hours later, triumphantly saying "happy anniversary" (like he was the first to remember), tells me he was still half-asleep. The kids and I endured the hellish heat and three of Lilah's 'therapies', which are torture for all of us. Paul was swamped all day, but made it home early, with a sweet little present for me--which Garrett opened while Paul took a work call and I changed a poopy diaper.
We then took the kids out for burgers at 4:45 with all the other geriatrics, where I went to the bathroom and noticed that my hair was sticking up like a crazy bird and I had cheeto-slime on my white shirt. We shared a really sweet discussion that went something like "I can't believe it's been 7 years, can you? I love you more today. Yada yada yada" over french fries and baby wipes. I can't really remember the rest of it. The end.
Real love isn't always glamorous, but I sure wouldn't trade this....

No comments: