Wednesday, December 31, 2008

We made it through 2008! That in itself is a miracle:) We have had quite the year and it makes me reflective....here is what I am learning:

-my family and dear friends love me more than I appreciated and far better than I deserve.
-I love, love, love my minivan.  It is the best car ever created and no amount of teasing from 'haters' can dampen my zeal! 
-even the worst things are better by the light of day than the dark of night.
-life is short and fragile, and full of indescribable joys and wrenching pain.  none of us deserves either, nor are we exempt. 
-now that I have two children, I understand how it is possible to love two such different little people equally.
--you absolutely never know what pain people carry with them.  I'm trying to be less judgmental of the rudness of random strangers...maybe their daughter was just diagnosed with an incurable heart defect, too.
-I love Motown and Oldies music (in addition to Country, which I already knew).  It makes me happy.
-I love my husband more than I knew possible and am so thankful we are on the same team:)
-God is faithful and his love is perfect and what He wants from me is trust.
-joy is a choice and it's "cutting off your nose despite your face" to choose anything else.

We had a blessed Christmas.  With each passing day, we are less fearful and enjoying both Garrett and Lilah more fully.  As always, we covet your prayers.  We have seen miracles, big and small, throughout the past year and we are looking forward to 2009.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Gina,
I'm going to print this out and hang it in my kitchen. It made me laugh and cry. Your posts are like devotionals. I still pray for Lilah all the time. It helps that I drive by your house several times a day! I pray that 2009 is full of miracles!!

Love,
Jenny
(I've test driven 2 minis)!

The Leonards said...

I agree, your words are like devotionals...your reflections and thoughts bless me and make me turn my heart toward my Savior and away from myself and the cares of this world. Missing you and looking forward to seeing you home soon. Hope Garrett takes a great nap today!! Praying for you all in this new year.

Anonymous said...

Gina,
In reading others' comments, I must agree...your posts are like devotionals and so glorifying to Jesus! Really, your life is a devotional...lived out in front of others so they can 'see' Christ. Thank you for being faithful to share your walk with us, being honest, and for showing us Jesus. You and Paul are truly living out Romans 12:1 and it is a blessing to those who get to watch.

We continue to lift you up before the One who loves you and your precious ones the MOST!

Peace,
Beth H.

Jessica said...

no minivan here!!! :) I'm glad you like it! I enjoy your update and reflection - Happy and healthy 2009 to the Burch family. xoxo

Anonymous said...

I am so moved by your writing. Although I should not be so surprised since you were an "A" student in my English class. As I look at the precious photo of your family, I see the power of God and His devine influence to bring the love of children into this world. Maybe God continue to bless you, your husband, Garrett, and sweet Lilah.

Love, Fred Bracher

Anonymous said...

A sweet, heartfelt post...you are awesome Gina! I talked to your dad today...I still pray for you all every day! Love, Kristi

P.S. Minivans rule...even though I don't have one! I have a FREE company car so I like that, too!

Anonymous said...

You do not know me but I got your blog from Mandy Garola. I have not had a chance to read it in depth but these "learnings" are absolutely amazing. They really put things in perspective.Family is the most important gift from our Creator and can be so taken for granted. Thanks for reminding me. I will pray for you and your family as often as you come to mind. Thank you for your example of a faithful believer.
Stacie New - Savannah Ga