1. Lemon Pinesol. I have this friend who was once caught vacuuming her draperies at 3am...above her husband's head. She's 'that kind' of clean. She taught me this trick where you fill your sinks with warm soapy water and pinesol. It is the perfect antidote to my 'let it go' summer philosophy...makes your house seem very clean. As Garrett says, "just try it."
2. Lipgloss from Bath & Bodyworks....says something on the label about apothecary and peppermint...I'm too lazy to get up and find out...but I'm sure a friendly salesperson will direct you right too it. Makes you feel like you just brushed your teeth. I think I've developed somewhat of a 'nervous tick' with it because the other day I was using this perfect lipgloss when the doctor walked in to tell me something and I kept squeezing...while listening....until a dollop of it dropped on my pants. Great impression.
3. Greek Yogurt it's like that episode of Seinfeld where they find out the 'low-fat' frozen yogurt was not. Now I can't remember if that was really an episode or real life. Anyway, it's that good and I'm going to keep eating it until I can't zip my pants.
4. Dustbuster. Despite numerous suggestions from my MIL that I needed one, I held out. Now I'm going to start giving them as baby shower gifts--the versatility is amazing. I haven't gotten out my vacuum in a month:). It makes me laugh every time I use it b/c I think of another friend who used to dustbuster her husband's pillow (to remove a-wall head hairs, of course) after he left for work. That kind of clean is beyond me....way, way beyond. But, I realized I had gone too far when I dustbustered G's shirt the other day (after dinner, and without warning) and both he and L bursted into tears.
5. My minivan. No, I am not the Toyota Sienna spokeswoman (but I wish they'd hire me!), but it just gets better and better. I once heard of a woman who sent her child to school with a 'lunch' she packed totally from snacks she found in her minivan. I believe it! If a crisis arises, I am ready...that thing is like a traveling fort, snack bar, entertainment station, and dressing room (just to name a few). It makes me feel powerful.:)
I know...I'm incredibly deep and contemplative. But, prepare yourselves, L's birthday is next week and I'm feeling some serious emotion welling up! Thinking about having "Yeah for Ya" buttons and "We survived" t-shirts printed. We asked her, and she doesn't want a party, so don't feel like you weren't invited.:)