Sunday, February 20, 2011

So, I'm 2/3 of the way through this pregnancy (gulp!) and I've been doing a lot of mental comparing between the 3 pregnancies.  Strangely, I don't remember much of Lilah's except for being disgustingly sick for too long.  Garrett's was great except for what seemed, at the time, like extreme fatigue.  And, the only real distinguishing feature of this pregnancy is that this little one is making it uber hard for me to breathe.
 They've all had the normal pregnancy stuff, including cravings (spicy, ice cream, spinach, blue cheese) and repulsions.  Well, actually, no repulsions this pregnancy (as the scale can confirm), but with the other 2, the thought of chicken made me sick. And, it lasted for a very long time after each baby...only recently have I been able to eat the feathered friends.
BUT then, on our road trip to north, I saw this:

a dirty semi truck crammed with nasty chickens.  Seriously.  Disgusting.  Feathers flying across the interstate.  Chickens stuffed in those wire boxes so tight that their skin was squishing through the slats.  So now, chicken is out again! Which is okay, I guess.....it makes more room for ice cream.

No comments: